Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Letter A and me :)


May not make any sense to you but the moment I started thinking about writing a blog which has association with the letter A this is what struck me . April is one month which I have always liked not because we celebrate all different traditions new years in our country (India) and one day out of blue moon we suddenly realize that we are either Bengali or maharashtrian or Punjabi but it's the most wonderful feeling around you which makes you smile .The winters finally coming to an end and the spring season taking its place.The birds chirping, the flowers blooming and the sun shining having a soothing effect on us.

April  4 years back I was packing my bags to attend 2 of my cousin's weddings in my hometown. Suddenly rang my phone and  from the other side my manager confirmed  that I had cleared the interview and was selected to go to for one of the US Project.

I was ecstatic as somewhere deep down in my heart as a kid I had always wished to see the other part of the world and here it was. The next weekend I had to fly and report in the US office. I started shopping, packing, called my parents as to meet them before I left.

I was supposed to leave on Friday but Thursday got a call from my manager that the project had some issues and may be my assignment would be cancelled. Pheww I controlled my tears in front of my friends who had come to bid my adieu with a cute memory book in hand. I had been struggling for this opportunity since almost a year and a half but nevertheless when I couldn't control anymore I just held on to my best friend Maeeda and cried on her shoulder.

My friends present there thought that since Maeeda was getting married in few months time I was crying (Lol:P) but on friday morning my parents were there ,they travelled 30 hours to reach me and when I told them I am still waiting for a confirmation they had a smile on their face and said Its fine sweetheart even if you don't go we can have a vacation together and you would be fine after that surely.

My phone rang and I could hear a firm yes !! Wow so I was finally going to "America".
My parents bid me adieu at the airport my mom's eyes were numb but they were happy and proud to see their daughter all set to make a mark for herself.

So flew for 19 hours and Arrived At the Airport in America in April :) there stood my 3 friends with a bouquet in their hand to welcome me and had hired a Black Lavish car to pick me from the airport.

There I was sitting at the backseat enjoying the weather ,seeing the greenery, welcoming the sunlight and yes I was in the United States of America and the first statement that everyone told me was you have Arrived here in the most Amazing part of the year in the month of April !!!! :) 

PS:I also started writing after 3 years in the month of April!!!!.This month really does some wonders on me.

3 comments:

  1. Suppi's flights of imagination taking off again! :)
    Very nice!
    //Arrived At the Airport in America in April
    You have taken the letter A to heart here :)

    //I was ecstatic as somewhere deep down in my heart as a kid I had always wished to see the other part of the world and here it was//
    as kids, don't we all have a similar wishes :P

    btw you could also have titled it as Suppi chali amrika! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dishit D :Hey Thanks a ton Dishit !! Pehle laga nobody would have read my blog glad to see atleast somebody read it Ha ha :) I like the title ! Thanks yaar Let's see what I can come up with the Letter B now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arre fb pe post karo..to sab log padhenge!...thodi to marketing karni padti hain ;)

    ReplyDelete